(Yields: 1 plate, Serving: 2, Prep time: 25 mins)
- 1/2 orange
- 4 baby carrots
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 4 sundried tomatoes (in olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 sprinkles freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 sprinkles Himalayan/Sea salt
- A pinch of red pepper flakes
Dice the peppers, orange and tomato and put it in a bowl.
Chop the carrots into very fine pieces and add it in. Be careful as carrots can cause stomach discomfort if the pieces are too large and aren’t chewed properly!
Soak the sunflower seeds in warm water and prepare the sundried tomatoes.
Chop the sundried tomatoes into smaller pieces and add that along with the sunflower seeds into the salad.
In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, pepper, salt and pepper flakes together.
Drizzle the dressing into the salad and stir.