(Yields: 2 blondies, Serving: 2, Prep time: 25 mins, Cook time: 1 hr 5 mins)
- 1/2 large sweet potato (or 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup mixed roasted pecans and almonds
- 2 tablespoons homemade pineapple preserves (recipe here*)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Note: It may be easier to make double the amount, as blenders don’t really like it when there’s not much in there.
Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Cut the sweet potato in half, then slide again so there are four pieces.
Bake the sweet potato in the oven for about 40 minutes until it’s soft.
Add the oat and whole wheat flour (if you’re just eating the sweet potato as mash, don’t add this), homemade pineapple preserves, pecans and almonds in the blender.
Blend until it’s smooth.
Pour the mixture out and add a tablespoon of olive oil and stir well.
Now, you have three choices:
1) Eat it the way it is as sweet potato mash.
2) Spoon the mixture onto a flat plate or bowl and put it into the freezer and eat it 2-3 hours later.
3) Spoon the mixture into a greased oven tray and bake it at 350°F for about 20-25 minutes. (I recommend adding it into the freezer after it’s finished for 10 minutes so it can solidify faster)
I personally like the baked version most!