(Yields: 2 bowls, Serving: 2, Prep time: 25 mins, Cook time: 30 mins)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- A sprinkle of Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 zucchini
- A few sprinkles Himalayan/sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (from sundried tomatoes if possible)
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 sprinkles Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (or any other pasta will do)
Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Chop the tomato and onion into small pieces and place them on an oven tray with the garlic.
Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Prepare the zucchini and shred the cabbage (if you didn’t buy shredded cabbage) simply by chopping them into fine slices.
Use a julienne peeler to shred the zucchini into noodle-like pieces.
Sprinkle some salt and make sure it covers all the zucchini. Let it sit there for 30 minutes to drain out the water.
In a bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and stir until it’s well mixed.
Fill a saucepan with water and pasta, and bring it to a boil.
Cook for about 15 minutes until the pasta has become soft.
Drain the water from the pasta and pour it into the bowl with the purple cabbage.
Let it sit for about a minute, the drain.
Squeeze out all the water from the zucchini if you haven’t yet.
Combine the cabbage, zucchini, onion, pasta and dressing in a large bowl.
Mix until all everything is even and serve.