My husband absolutely loves sauces and I was determined to make one based on healthy ingredients without so much sugar. He calls this “lifeblood sauce”.
(Yields: 1 bowl, Serving: 15, Prep time: 5 mins, Cook time: 5 mins)
- 3 tablespoon reduced sodium miso paste
- 4 1/2 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon roast paprika
- 2 sprinkles of ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
Usually, I can only find miso paste in the Asian grocery store, and it looks something like this:
Roast black sesame seeds in the microwave for a couple of minutes.
Mix all the ingredients up and stir until all is even.