(Yields: 5 cookies, Serving: 2, Prep time: 10 mins, Cook time: 16 mins)
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons almond butter chunks (made from blending a packet of almonds until they’re thick, and not runny)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses (I used Grandma’s unsulphured original)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1-2 sprinkles sea salt
If you haven’t made the almond butter chunks, you can do that by simply blending a packet of roasted almonds until they become thick and buttery, yet not runny.
Prepare the ingredients:
In a bowl, combine the three flours, almond butter chunks, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, olive oil, molasses, almond milk and salt.
Stir until it forms a dough.
Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Grease an oven tray (or pizza tray as I’ve used it) and start rolling the dough into circles.
Use your hands to flatten it and place it on the oven.
Repeat for the other pieces. (I made five of them)
Bake the cookies in the oven for about 15 minutes.
Let it cool off for about 30 minutes.