(Yields: 7 Cookies, Serving: 2, Prep time: 25 mins, Cook time: 15 mins)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons roasted carob powder (buy here*)
- 2 tablespoons & 1/2 teaspoon brown rice syrup (buy here*)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sprinkles Himalayan/Sea salt
You can substitute carob powder with cocoa, but you’ll have to add a little more sweetener, as carob is much sweeter by nature.
With brown rice syrup, if it’s hard to get, you can substitute it with pure maple syrup, but you will only need 2 tablespoons)
Prepare the ingredients:
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients together.
Use a spoon and mix well.
Start kneading it with your hands. You may find that it’s a bit flaky at first but the more you knead it, the more it becomes a dough.
Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Press it into the shape of a cookie.
Place the cookies on a greased oven tray and bake for about 15 minutes.
Let it cool off for about 20-30 minutes before eating.