(Yields: 1 slice, Serving: 2, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 10 mins)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pecans
- 1/2 cup oven toasted old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon date paste (instructions here*)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
Follow these instructions to make date paste.
Measure out the almonds, walnuts, pecans and put them on a frying pan.
Cook them on the stove for about 10 minutes on medium high until they brown a little and give off a fragrance.
Add the toasted nuts in a bowl, then add the date paste, chia seeds, ground flax, olive oil, carob powder and almond milk.
Use your hands to mix and knead it.
Put the thick dough onto a round bowl or oven tray and press it into shape.
Freeze for about 15 minutes to harden.
Cut on the edge of the bowl and tip it upside down to remove it.