(Yields: 6 brownies, Serving: 2, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 15 mins)
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup brown rice bran
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 sprinkles Himalayan/sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon purified water
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 1 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon malted barley
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
Click here for information on where to buy some of these ingredients.
In a large bowl, combine the brown rice flour, brown rice bran, baking soda and salt.
In a separate small bowl, add a tablespoon of ground flaxseed with a tablespoon of water. Mix and wait for it to gel.
In a third medium bowl, combine the olive oil, carob powder, almond milk and malted barley. Mix until everything is well blended.
Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Put all the things in the two other bowls into the one with the flour and add the brown rice syrup.
Mix until everything is very thick.
Spoon the mixture onto a greased oven pan, try and keep it as thin as you can.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes and let it cool down.