Adapted from Fat Free Vegan’s Eggplant and Chickpea curry.
(Yields: 2 plates, Serving: 2, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 28 mins)
- 1/2 large eggplant
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (no sodium added)
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2-3 sprigs cilantro or parsley
Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
Dice the eggplant, bell pepper and red onion and put it all in an oven tray.
Rinse and drain the chickpeas from the can and add it to the oven tray.
Add the oil, masala, turmeric, smoked paprika, garlic powder, coriander, cumin and sea salt.
Bake in the oven for about 22-25 minutes.
Take the veggies out of the oven tray and into a frying pan. Add 1/2 a can of fire roasted tomatoes and turn the heat on high.
Stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes and turn the heat off.
Add the cilantro or parsley and serve.