(Yields: 1 bowl, Serving: 2, Prep time: 15 mins, Cook time: 20 mins)
Rice and Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cup brown rice (I use Japanese Sukoyaka brand)
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon toasted white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 sprinkles fine grain sea salt
Combine the quinoa and brown rice in a pot.
Add 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil
After the pot of rice is boiling, turn the heat to medium low (3-4) and simmer for about 20 minutes. (Taste to confirm it’s cooked!)
Make the seasoning:
If sesame seeds are raw, put them on a frying pan on medium high for about 5 minutes until they turn slightly golden.
Set it aside.
Combine the sundried tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, soy sauce, smoked paprika, Italian herbs, cayenne pepper and salt.
When the rice and quinoa is cooked, measure out . cups and combine it with the seasonings you prepared earlier.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
(You may wish to be creative and roll it into balls!)