(Yields: 4 bars, Serving: 2, Prep time: 15 mins)
- 1/4 cup malted barley flour
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
Note: You can buy carob and malted barley flour on Amazon. If you can’t get them, you can replace with half the amount of cacao powder (you’ll need to add more sweeteners). You can also try replacing malted barley flour with things like coconut flour or almond flour.
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the almond butter.
Mix and knead.
Press it on a very small oven tray with baking sheet underneath.
Add almond butter on top.
Freeze it for about 1-2 hours.